Alexander Technique Training and Performance Studio
Contact: Cathy Madden. The Studio offers weekly classes, weekend workshops and private lessons in Alexander Technique and Performance and Alexander Technique Teacher Training. (see Cathy Madden, Acting Coaches)
Bothel and Kirkland, WA
Contact: Marianni Magnuson, Founder. Founded in 2007, CORE Theatrics offers classes and performance opportunities (musical and non-musical) for youth and young adults.
2222 Second Avenue, Suite 200
Contact: Zoe Cauley, Managing Direction or Robin Lynn Smith, Artistic Director. From introductory courses to master classes for experienced actors, Freehold offers comprehensive training as well as specialty instruction. All classes are taught by working professionals. Freehold rehearsal and performance spaces are also available to rent. (NB As of February 2017, Freehold will be moving 515 Maynard Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104 in the International District)
2220 NW Market Street, Suite 06
Seattle, WA 98107
Contact: Gregg Gilmore. Gilmore Studio offers training in the Meisner Technique to individuals who are committed to developing the skills and qualities essential to truthful acting.
11730 118th Ave NE, Suite 100
Kirkland, WA 98034
Tel: (425) 820-1800
Fax: (425) 820-6622
Contact Laura Shepherd, Education Director. Studio East provides a variety of performing arts education opoprtunities.
- After School Classes and Homeschool Classes are offered for grades preK-12 on weekdays and on Saturday mornings.
- Workshops are offered on a variety of topics year-round for all ages, both on weekends and school holidays.
- School Break Camps are 1 week performance and skills-based day camps for grades 1-8. They are held during the Mid-Winter and Spring breaks for most school districts.
- The Summer Camp program offers dozens of 1 and 2-week skill-building and performance-based day camps for grades pre-K-12.
- YAPI, the Young Actor’s Professional Intensive, is our founding program. It consists of 6 weeks of rigorous training in the performing arts during July and August for students age 13-19.
- SE's Mainstage program produces 8-9 youth plays and musicals annually, all of which are audition and tuition based.
- SE also partners with schools and PTSA’s to offer classes and productions in 18 elementary and middle schools on the Eastside.
609 8th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
Tel: (206) 332-7908
Contact: Charles Waxberg, Artistic Director. Theatre 9/12’s workshops are pay-what-you-can for company members. Guests of the company are welcome. Theatre 9/12 will assume that those actors gifted with comfortable finances will volunteer the full suggested fee; for all others, a more manageable number will be arranged. Workshop actors and audience members have free parking. Click Here for class information.
Columbia Gorge School of Theatre (GA)
Columbia Gorge School of Theatre
1381 Snowden Road
White Salmon, WA 98672
Contact: Jesse Merz, Artistic Director. Founded in 1997, the Columbia Gorge School of Theatre (CGST) is an actor training program for youth of all ages who love theatre. Columbia Gorge Repertory Theatre (CGRep) is devoted to producing quality new theatre in New York City and in the Northwest. CGRep is also the producing organization of CGST and is a professional summer stock company. CGRep operates under an AEA Guest Artist Agreement.
2775 N. Howard Street, Studio 6
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83815
Studio 6 is a studio space available for workshops, training, and casting session for teens and adults.